Tortitas de Plátanos
- 1/2 Kg. of bananas
- 3 spoons of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 glass of milk
- 1/2 glass of anisette
- ground cinnamon
- 1 lemon
- table salt
- Peel the bananas, pour the lemon juice on top and grind it using a fork.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites, adding sugar very slowly and then introduce the yolks, a pinch of salt, the anisette, the cinnamon, a little bit of grated lemon rind, the grinded bananas and the milk.
- Then add the flour very slowly until it blends into a soft paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the pancakes on both sides using a spoon to take the desired quantity of paste.
You can give a special touch to this dessert if you spread the pancakes with a little bit of honey.
Bananas is a traditional ingredient in the gastronomy of Tenerife. The taste of Canarian bananas, the main crop in Tenerife and the rest of the Canaries, is unmistakable and of such high quality that it is unmatched. Here bananas are grown under the best weather and altitude conditions as well as in the island’s ideal, volcanic soil. The result is a small, yellow fruit with small spots on its skin that is distinctive of its origin.
The locals like to eat their bananas fresh although they are also used in dishes such as, „arroz a la cubana” (rice, sausages, egg and fried banana) and many others. Bananas are also used to make marmalade, jam and liqueurs. During your holidays you can visit banana plantations that have been around since the 15th and 16th centuries.
You May Also Like:
- Caldo de Papas y Cilantro Recipe – Potato and Coriander Soup
- Carajacas Recipe
- Carne de Cabra Compuesta Recipe – Goat Casserole
- Conejo en Salmorejo Recipe – Salmorejo Rabbit
- Gofio Escaldao Recipe – Scalded Gofio
- Helado con Bienmesabe Recipe – Ice Cream with Bienmesabe
- Huevos Mole Recipe – Yolk Mass
- Mojo Rojo Recipe
- Mojo Verde Recipe
- Papas Arrugadas Recipe – Small Potatoes Boiled in Their Jackets
- Pata Asada Recipe – Roast Leg of Pork
- Pella de Gofio Recipe – Lump of Gofio
- Potaje de Berros Recipe – Watercress Soup
- Puchero Recipe – Canary Casserole
- Rancho Canario Recipe
- Ropa Vieja Recipe
- Sancocho Recipe
- Sopa de Pescado Recipe – Fish Soup
- Tortitas de Carnaval Recipe – Carnival Pancakes
- Truchas de Batata o Cabello de Ángel Recipe – Yam Truchas
- Vieja Sancochada Recipe – Sea Bream Casserole