Truchas de Batata o Cabello de Ángel
- 1 Kg. of yellow yam
- 3/4 Kg. of sugar
- 100 grams of peeled almonds
- grated lemon rind
- ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoonfuls of butter
- 1 small cup of olive oil
- 1/2 Kg. of flour
- For the filling cook the yams with water and salt and grind them.
Mix the grinded yams with the almonds, sugar, grated lemon rind and cinnamon in a bowl, until they blend into a thick paste. Set it aside.
- For the puff pastry first shape up a mountain with the flour and place the butter and the oil in the centre. Knead it all until it gets into an even thickness and leave it to stand.
- Spread a little flour on the table and expand the pastry on it using a rolling pin. Make pies of 8cm. in diameter. Put the filling in the centre and fold them over, making sure that the corners are pressed down together using a fork.
- Finally fry the pies in very hot oil and they will be ready to eat.
Another possibility is to make the filling with sweet pumpkin.
You May Also Like:
- Caldo de Papas y Cilantro Recipe – Potato and Coriander Soup
- Carajacas Recipe
- Carne de Cabra Compuesta Recipe – Goat Casserole
- Conejo en Salmorejo Recipe – Salmorejo Rabbit
- Gofio Escaldao Recipe – Scalded Gofio
- Helado con Bienmesabe Recipe – Ice Cream with Bienmesabe
- Huevos Mole Recipe – Yolk Mass
- Mojo Rojo Recipe
- Mojo Verde Recipe
- Papas Arrugadas Recipe – Small Potatoes Boiled in Their Jackets
- Pata Asada Recipe – Roast Leg of Pork
- Pella de Gofio Recipe – Lump of Gofio
- Potaje de Berros Recipe – Watercress Soup
- Puchero Recipe – Canary Casserole
- Rancho Canario Recipe
- Ropa Vieja Recipe
- Sancocho Recipe
- Sopa de Pescado Recipe – Fish Soup
- Tortitas de Carnaval Recipe – Carnival Pancakes
- Tortitas de Plátanos Recipe – Banana Pancakes
- Vieja Sancochada Recipe – Sea Bream Casserole